Which of the following factors are suggestive of a hereditary cancer?
A) Tumor development at a younger than normal age
B) Presence of bilateral disease
C) Association with paraneoplastic syndrome
D) Presence of multiple primary malignancies
Correct Answer is CComment:
The following factors may suggest the presence of a hereditary cancer:
- Tumor development at a much younger age than usual.
- Presence of bilateral disease.
- Presence of multiple primary malignancies.
- Presentation of a cancer in the less affected sex ( eg, male breast cancer).
- Clustering of the same cancer type in relatives.
- Occurrence of cancer in association with other conditions such as mental retardation or pathognomonic skin lesions.